Social Media Marketing, or SMM, is a form of internet marketing that involves creating and sharing content on social media networks in order to achieve your marketing and branding goals. Social media marketing includes activities like posting text and image updates, videos, and other content that drives audience engagement, as well as paid social media advertising
Social Media Marketing can help with a number of goals, such as:
- Increasing website traffic
- Building conversions
- Raising brand awareness
- Creating a brand identity and positive brand association
- Improving communication and interaction with key audiences.
Our first step is to find out which social media platforms your potential customers use, how much time they spend on social media, what times they're most active, and how they interact with each other.
The more we know about your target audience, the better we can plan a social media marketing strategy to reach them.
Here are some key steps in learning more about your target audience on social media:
- Create a 'marketing persona' of your ideal customer/s
- Start your research with the social media giants, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Use the search functions on each to get a better idea of engagement levels and activity
Our Second Step is to Identify Your Goals i.e. what do you want to achieve through your social media marketing efforts? Do you want to raise awareness for your business, or do you want to sell your products? Or maybe you're looking to enhance your connection with your fans.
Goal setting is the cornerstone for any successful social media marketing strategy – if you don't know what you're trying to achieve, you have nothing to measure your performance against.
After determining the goals of your social media advertising strategy, next, we need to identify your key success metrics to measure their effectiveness.
To track the success of your social media strategies – here are five measures that we consider:
- Referral traffic to your website
- Community growth and engagement
In this step, we need to audit your current social media advertising presence to see how it lines up.
Without knowing where you presently stand in the social media space, we can't construct an effective, realistic marketing plan for your business.
Here are a few areas that we look to when auditing your position:
- Which social media networks you're most active on
- Whether your profiles on these networks are fully optimized
- How many followers you have on each network
- Which platform is giving you the highest ROI
- How your social media presence compares to your competitors
We always audit your current social media presence according to the goals of your social media marketing plan
The success or failure of your social media marketing strategy depends on the content that you create and curate.
So, we do keyword research and competitive research to help brainstorm content ideas that will interest your target audience. What are other businesses in your industry doing to drive engagement on social media?
After doing all the five-step finally we measure the performance of the strategies according to the key success metrics that we outlined in the beginning, then tweak our plan for optimal success.